Here’s how you can stop the spread of flu while travelling!
If you are feeling unwell or have flu symptoms you should stay at home and not travel. If you are feeling well and travel using public transport you can do your bit to reduce the risk of spreading the flu virus and reduce your chances of catching it too.
These simple hygiene rules should always be followed to stop the spread of germs:
- Wash your hands frequently particularly when you have been in public environments and where lots of people pass through or use facilities you also have to use.
- Always use a new and clean tissue to cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Put your used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands thoroughly afterwards or use an anti-bacterial cleanser such as Dettol Healthy Touch Antibacterial Handwash.
- Try not to hold your bus pass or rail ticket in your mouth whilst rummaging in your bag.
- Think about cleaning the things you touch a lot whilst you’re out and about – keys, mobile phone, iPod, travel card, bus pass and your wallet or purse.